Who is the King of Cricket?
Delhi-born cricketer Virat Kohli was born on November 5, 1988. The ICC ranks him as the best ODI batsman in history.
Virat Kohli has the most One Day International centuries against a single team. Kohli’s nine West Indies centuries match Sachin Tendulkar’s against Australia. Virat Kohli did this in 42 matches. Kohli has nine centuries against the West Indies, eight against Australia and Sri Lanka, five against New Zealand, and four against South Africa in ODI cricket.
Kohli has led the Indian cricket team in all formats since his 2008 debut. He is known for his aggressive play and consistent run-scoring in all forms.
Kohli is the King of Cricket, the fastest player to score 10,000 ODI runs, and the fastest Indian to reach 1000, 3000, 4000, 5000, and 6000 Test runs. ICC Cricketer of the Year multiple times. Kohli is also known for his fitness and fashion.
Kohli has won many cricket awards. ICC ODI Player of the Year in 2012 won the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy twice in 2017 and 2018. Kohli is the King of Cricket and became the first player to win both the ICC Test and ODI Player of the Year awards in 2018. He was Wisden’s Leading Cricketer in the World for three years, from 2016 to 2018. Kohli received India’s highest sports honor, the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, in 2018.
Kohli scored 20,960 runs in 386 matches across all formats from 2010 to 2019, averaging 57.58. Except for Steve Smith, Kohli’s average is unmatched among batters, with over 10,000 international runs. Kohli scored 69 centuries and 98 half-centuries during this time.
Achievements Accomplished by Virat Kohli
- The Indian player who achieved the milestones of reaching 1000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000, and 10,000 runs in ODIs in the shortest time.
- The player who reached the milestones of 30 and 35 centuries in ODIs in the shortest time globally.
- The batsman scored 17,000 runs in international cricket in the shortest time (363 innings).
- The Indian player reached the milestones of 10, 15, 20, and 25 centuries in ODIs in the shortest time and ranked second globally.
- The initial Indian cricketer to hit three consecutive centuries in ODIs.
- The solitary player in cricket history to maintain an average of over 50 in Tests, ODIs, and T20Is simultaneously.
- Kohli scored 23000 runs in 490 international matches while maintaining an average of 50+, making him the only player to score over 20000 runs with an average of 50+.
- Virat Kohli is the King of Cricket and holds the record for reaching 22000 International runs in the fewest innings (462 innings)
Virat Kohli’s Biggest Achievements As Test Captain
On January 15, 2022, Virat Kohli announced that he would be stepping down as the Test captain for Team India. Kohli is regarded as the most successful captain for India in the longer format of cricket, having led the team to numerous victories at home and abroad. India was ranked as the number 1 Test team worldwide for an impressive 42 months during his tenure. Kohli expressed his appreciation for the opportunity to lead the team and thanked his mentors, teammates, and fans in an Instagram post. Let us review some of his significant accomplishments as the Test captain.
Australia and England have the strongest Test teams worldwide. Winning against either of them is a significant achievement. Nevertheless, India, led by Kohli, achieved a remarkable feat by winning a Test series against Australia 2-1 on their home turf in January 2021. India’s impressive performance continued in August of the same year when they defeated England 2-1 in England.